Ready to make a change? Take the first step towards making an impact in Philadelphia's local black community.
Be a part of the solution today!
Become a member today & donate to the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle!
Membership in the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle is open to anyone, regardless of ethnicity or economic status, that wishes to support and empower Philadelphia’s Black community. Membership runs from January 1 through December 31 of each year and you can join at any time. An annual minimum contribution of $250 (which can be paid in installments) is required to vote at the investment meeting.
All contributions are tax deductible.
Members will join a burgeoning and vibrant network of the region’s socially-conscious, community philanthropists. All members will receive the PBGC e-newsletter featuring community updates as well as the latest trends and developments in local and national Black Philanthropy. PBGC members will also gain access to programming and special events and will receive recognition on the PGBC website and other publications.
General membership is available from $25-$249.
The benefits of annual membership are:
- Participation in a dynamic, philanthropic & fun organization
- Ability to learn about non-profits and impact change in the non-profit sector and Philadelphia community
- Invitation to member exclusive meetings, events & volunteer opportunities
- Opportunity to encourage others to support and participate in the mission and goals of PBGC
$250 minimum donation
The benefits of annual voting membership include all of the general membership benefits as well as:
- Ability to vote on grantee organizations who will receive funding support from the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle
- Participate in the governance of the PBGC and vote on leadership and by-laws
Limited opportunity for first grant cycle only!
Anyone who gives $500 or more during the first giving cycle (January 1, 2018 - October 31, 2018) will be recognized as a Founding Member of the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle. All donations for the first cycle are due by October 31, 2018.
Anyone who gives $1000 or more during the first giving cycle (January 1, 2018 - October 31, 2018) will be recognized as a Founding Member of the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle. All donations for the first cycle are due by October 31, 2018.
JOIN US TODAY!
Select one of the donation options below to sign up for your membership.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR DONATION, Please note the following:
- Once you submit your donation through PayPal, you will be redirected to the membership form. To complete your membership, you must fill out this form.
- For recurring donation, please put the amount you wish to donate monthly. For example, if you wish to donate $120 in total annually, your recurring donation should be $10.
- If you wish to donate but not become a member, please opt out on the membership form after submitting your donation.
- Please note: If you make a recurring donation, the amount will be withdrawn at the frequency selected until you cancel this transaction within your PayPal account.
PAYING BY CHECK? NO PROBLEM!
If you wish to mail a check or money order, please send your donation to POISE FOUNDATION. Scroll down for details. Once you submit your donation via check or money order, please click the button below to fill out the membership form.
Sponsorship is available to entities that support the mission of PBGC and would like to provide resources to assist with the administrative expenses and/or grant making of the Giving Circle. Sponsors will be recognized on the PBGC Website. All sponsorship donations to the PBGC are fully tax deductible. For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We proudly partner with POISE Foundation to manage the Philadelphia Black Giving Circle Fund.
POISE Foundation, a 501(C)3 charitable organization, began in December 1980 as the first public foundation in the state of Pennsylvania organized and managed by African Americans. POISE helps donors meet their philanthropic goals to support Black families, organizations and communities, through collective giving and building endowment funds. In turn, those dollars are used to provide funding to worthy organizations, students and causes across the United States.
Online donations are processed through PayPal and are made directly to POISE. You may also send a donation via check or money order made payable to: POISE Foundation; Two Gateway Center, Suite 1700; 603 Stanwix Street; Pittsburgh, PA 15222, note PHILADELPHIA BLACK GIVING CIRCLE FUND in the memo section. All donations are tax-deductible. Please contact POISE’s Development Staff at 412-281-4967, Ext 211 if you have any questions or concerns.
If you're sending by check, please click HERE to fill out the membership form.